thinQ is growing and is seeking a VoIP Software Engineer to help build out our innovative cloud based VoIP network. The right candidate will be a versatile software engineers capable of combining knowledge of IP networking, VoIP, software development, and open source software. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced systems or network engineer that’s passionate about learning and building new capabilities using VoIP technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain tools and services that support our cloud based VoIP network.
- Write OpenSIPS code in an agile software engineering environment (git, 2-week sprints, continuous integration, etc.).
- Build resilient and performant features into our switching platform. Our switches serve millions of calls around the clock; performance and reliability are key!
- Document design and implementation details to communicate with other engineers and preserve pertinent design and maintenance information.
- Configures monitors and alerts for monitoring performance and reliability of the VoIP network.
- Works closely with operations, software engineering, and VoIP vendors to provide operational and implementation issue resolution with our VoIP services.
- Participate in 24×7 site reliability rotations, escalation workflows, and production incidents management.
- Stay current with industry and technology trends, available products and services in the telco space.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Linux proficiency and familiarity with open source network tracing tools.
- 5+ years designing, coding, and testing using both interpreted and compiled languages (e.g. Perl, PHP, Bash, C, C++).
- 3+ years experience working with SQL and NOSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, Couchbase).
- Some exposure to SIP, Asterisk, OpenSIPS, FreeSWITCH, and/or other related VoIP technologies.
- Ability to work in fast pace working environment with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and contributing to cross-functional teams and goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field.
- 5+ years of systems or software engineering experience.