thinQ is seeking a smart and ambitious Systems Administrator to join our awesome team. We’re seeking team players that want to build great products, that are passionate about technology, and that are both methodical and creative when solving problems.
- Headquartered in Raleigh, thinQ fuses the skill, industry experience, and vision that is pioneering the CPaaS industry.
- With double-digit revenue growth, thinQ is one of the Best Places to Work in Triangle Business Journal.
- If you want to help shape the future of this fast-growing business and join one of the area’s best places to work, join us now!
What You’ll Do
- Administer core production system technologies and related services including on-premise and cloud infrastructure – Virtualization, Enterprise Storage, and Networking.
- Maintain and upgrade physical systems including UCS Blade Servers, NetApp, HPE Nimble, QNAP, network switches, etc.
- Administer, troubleshoot, deploy, and configure Linux and VMWare-based systems in a data center and/or public cloud infrastructure environment.
- Manage high-availability, growth, and security of our production systems and network including new system builds, service updates, upgrades, capacity planning and validation.
- Maintain and develop networking technologies such as switching, routing, firewalls, and load balancing.
- Track and manage costs related to our tools, infrastructure, and cloud services.
- Introduce, maintain, and optimize operations tooling and alerting for application performance, exception handling and logging, and product usage information.
- Participate in 24×7 site reliability rotations, escalation workflows, and production incidents management.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in the software industry.
- Hands-on experience and expertise with continuous integration and delivery, log aggregation and analysis, performance monitoring/tuning, and security.
- Comfortable in one or more scripting languages for automation such as Bash, Perl, or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile methodologies and other software development best practices, tools, and development processes.
- Passionate about automation, configuration management, and infrastructure as code. You are the type of person that will automate the task, if it needs to be repeated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- We are seeking candidates with the above characteristics, and are especially interested in those with technical proficiency in the following technologies: HAProxy, Apache, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, GCP, Zabbix, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Fluentbit, Kibana, RabbitMQ, Spanner, Aurora, MySQL, MariaDB, Couchbase, Python, Packer, Consul, Vault, Ansible, and the Atlassian suite.
- Bonus points for candidates that have working knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
- Be part of a growing company: double-digit year-over-year growth.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a minimally experienced or entry-level software engineer to come in and grow alongside our other top-notch engineers.
- We have an open and nurturing environment, where we learn new things every day and collaboration is required.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disbility or protected veteran status.
- This position will be based in Raleigh, NC. No relocation is offered at this time.
thinQer Benefits & Perks
- 100% paid medical for employees
- 401K with company match, fully-vested upon enrollment
- Medical & dependent care FSA
- Competitive compensation
- PTO + 10 paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave for both adoptive and birthing parents
- Employee referral bonus program
- First Friday’s catered lunch
- Third Wednesday’s birthday & work anniversary recognition
- Friday afternoon happy hours
- Company-wide volunteer days
- Quarterly company socials
- Annual holiday party
- Posted: September 2019
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Functions: Systems Administrator
- Industries: Software (SaaS)