thinQ is seeking smart and ambitious Software Engineers to join our awesome team. We’re seeking team players that want to build great products, that are passionate about technology, and that are both methodical and creative when solving problems.
- Headquartered in Raleigh, thinQ fuses the skill, industry experience, and vision that is pioneering the CPaaS industry.
- With double-digit revenue growth, thinQ is one of the Best Places to Work in Triangle Business Journal.
- If you want to help shape the future of this fast-growing business and join one of the area’s best places to work, join us now!
What You’ll Do
- Write maintainable full-stack code (Node.js, React, Typescript, etc.) in a professional software engineering environment (source control, 2-week release cycles, continuous integration, etc.).
- Own the quality of your team’s deliverables and write test automation to assure its correctness and maintainability.
- Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- Build innovative and performant features into our next-generation web applications. Our products serve thousands of users and millions of transactions every day; performance and scalability are key!
- Design and implement libraries and frameworks that allow us to effectively scale development on our web applications.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and not take yourself too seriously.
- Working knowledge of best patterns and practices for object-oriented design and development.
- General knowledge of database technologies and why they matter to application performance and scale.
- Able to work in the abstract when discussing problems, and attention to detail when implementing solutions.
- Strong initiative to champion and support improvements to processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality.
- You keep up with new technologies because it is in your nature, not because it’s a job.
- Be part of a growing company: double-digit year-over-year growth.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced software engineer to come in and grow alongside our other top-notch engineers.
- We have an open and nurturing environment, where we learn new things every day and collaboration is required.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disbility or protected veteran status.
- This position will be based in Raleigh, NC. No relocation is offered at this time.
thinQer Benefits & Perks
- 100% paid medical for employees
- 401K with company match, fully-vested upon enrollment
- Medical & dependent care FSA
- Competitive compensation
- Responsible Time Off (PTO) + 10 paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave for both adoptive and birthing parents
- Employee referral bonus program
- First Friday’s catered lunch
- Third Wednesday’s birthday & work anniversary recognition
- Friday afternoon happy hours
- Company-wide volunteer days
- Quarterly company socials
- Annual holiday party
- Posted: August 2020
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Functions: Software Engineer
- Industries: Software (SaaS)