We are seeking smart and ambitious software engineers to join the thinQ team. We’re seeking individuals that are team players, that want to build great products, that are passionate about technology, and that are both methodical and creative when solving problems. Headquartered in Raleigh, thinQ fuses the skill, industry experience, and vision that is pioneering the CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) industry. With double-digit revenue growth, thinQ was rated as one of the Best Places to Work by the Triangle Business Journal. If you want to help shape the future of this fast-growing business and join one of the area’s best places to work, join us now!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write maintainable full-stack code in a professional software engineering environment (source control, 2-week release cycles, continuous integration, etc.).
- Own the quality of your team’s deliverables and write test automation to assure its correctness and maintainability.
- Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- Build innovative and performant features into our next generation web applications. Our products serve thousands of users and millions of transactions every day; performance and scalability are key!
- Design and implement libraries and frameworks that allow us to effectively scale development on our web applications.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and not take yourself too seriously.
- Working knowledge of best patterns and practices for object-oriented design and development.
- General knowledge of database technologies and why they matter to application performance and scale.
- Able to work in the abstract when discussing problems, and has attention to detail when implementing solutions.
- Strong initiative to champion and support improvements to processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality.
- You keep up with new technologies because it is in your nature, not because it’s a job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or a related field.
- 0-4 years of professional software development experience.
- Be part of a growing company: double-digit year-over-year growth.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a minimally experienced or entry-level software engineer to come in and grow alongside our other top-notch engineers.
- We have an open and nurturing environment, where we learn new things every day, and collaboration is required.
This position will be based in Raleigh, NC. No relocation is offered at this time.
- Posted: June 2019
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Functions: Software Engineer
- Industries: Software (SaaS)