thinQ is growing and is seeking smart and seasoned software engineers to join our awesome team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced software engineer to come in and grow alongside our other top-notch engineers. We have an open and nurturing environment, where we learn new things everyday and collaboration is required. We’re seeking engineers that are team players, that want to build great products, are passionate about technology, and that are both methodical and creative when solving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write maintainable full-stack code in a professional software engineering environment (source control, 2-week release cycles, continuous integration, etc.).
- Own the quality of your team’s deliverables and write test automation to assure its correctness and maintainability.
- Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- Build innovative and performant features into our next generation web applications. Our products serve thousands of users and millions of transactions every day; performance and scalability are key!
- Design and implement libraries and frameworks that allow us to effectively scale development on our web applications. We are growing fast and are establishing the UX patterns and standards for our growing codebase.
- Optimize frontend code to operate responsively and efficiently in a variety of browsers and devices.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work in a team environment and not take yourself too seriously.
- Strong programming skills and knowledge of best patterns and practices for object oriented design and development.
- Able to work in the abstract when discussing problems, and has attention to detail when implementing solutions.
- Strong initiative to champion and support improvements to processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality.
- Experience writing unit and higher level test automation for your team’s deliverables.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile methodologies and other software development best practices and tools.
- You keep up with new technologies because it is in your nature, not because it’s a job.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to understand the big picture, as well as the behind-the-scenes technical concepts related to telecommunications, APIs, databases, message queues, and distributed architectures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, plus 7+ years experience in a combination of software design, development, and testing.