thinQ is growing and needs a DevOps Engineer to be a part of our team. This role will be a key contributor for enabling delivery of our SaaS products. We are seeking a passionate DevOps Engineer that can help us modernize our infrastructure, including continuous delivery and application telemetry to expedite feedback loops. This is a great opportunity for a technically driven, hands-on individual to be part of a strong DevOps culture with one of the fastest and most successful SaaS companies in the area. This person will play a key role in the attainment of the company’s strategic goals and commitment to IT excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a hands-on contributor that can assist with the roll-out of infrastructure, tools, and processes congruent with a cross-organization DevOps mindset and culture.
- Work with the technology leadership and the broader organization to deliver reliable infrastructure and tools that support our engineering teams and products.
- Participate in continually refining and prioritizing the work necessary to support our DevOps tools and infrastructure.
- Provide system administration and operations support for existing infrastructure and pipelines, while executing on a plan to create tools and automation that enable more of this responsibility to be moved into the engineering teams.
- Introduce and maintain operations tooling that enables engineers to get real-time telemetry on application performance, exception handling and logging, and product usage information.
- Promote the adoption and execution of industry best practices related to continuous integration and delivery, automated deployments, operations, infrastructure, support, and test automation.
- Manage high-availability and growth of our systems, service updates, systems maintenance and validation.
- Participate in 24×7 site reliability rotations, escalation workflows, and production incidents management.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Hands-on experience and expertise with continuous integration and delivery, log aggregation and analysis, performance monitoring/tuning, and security.
- Comfortable in writing and reviewing code for automation and tools needed to support a DevOps environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile methodologies and other software development best practices, tools, and development processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Extensive experience administering, troubleshooting, deploying, and configuring Linux systems in a data center and/or public cloud infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies such as switching, routing, firewalls, and load balancing.
- Passionate about automation, configuration management, and infrastructure as code. You are the type of person that will automate the task, if it needs to be repeated.
- Experience in planning, implementation, and support of business application components, including change and release management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bonus points for candidates that have working knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience, plus 7+ years’ experience in the software industry, 3+ years of DevOps related experience