thinQ is growing and needs a Senior DevOps Engineer to be a part of our team. This role will be a key contributor for enabling delivery of our SaaS products. We’re seeking a passionate engineer that can help us modernize our infrastructure, including continuous delivery and application telemetry to expedite feedback loops. This is a great opportunity for a technically driven, hands-on individual to be part of a strong DevOps culture with one of the fastest and most successful SaaS companies in the area. This person will play a key role in the attainment of the company’s strategic goals and commitment to IT excellence.
- Headquartered in Raleigh, thinQ fuses the skill, industry experience, and vision that is pioneering the CPaaS industry.
- With double-digit revenue growth, thinQ is one of the Best Places to Work in Triangle Business Journal.
- If you want to help shape the future of this fast-growing business and join one of the area’s best places to work, join us now!
What You’ll Do
- Act in a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) capacity to optimize system uptime, reliability, security, scalability, and resilience.
- Design and deliver reliable infrastructure, tools, and processes congruent with a cross-organization DevOps mindset and culture.
- Script and code automation, infrastructure-as-code components and platform services.
- Participate in continually refining and prioritizing the work necessary to support our DevOps tools and infrastructure.
- Provide system administration and operations support for existing infrastructure and pipelines, while executing on a plan to create tools and automation that enable more of this responsibility to be moved into the engineering teams.
- Introduce and maintain operations tooling that enables engineers to get real-time telemetry on application performance, exception handling and logging, and product usage information.
- Promote the adoption and execution of industry best practices related to continuous integration and delivery, automated deployments, operations, infrastructure, support, and test automation.
- Manage high-availability and growth of our systems, service updates, systems maintenance and validation.
- Participate in 24×7 site reliability rotations, escalation workflows, and production incidents management.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience, plus 5+ years’ experience in the software industry, 3+ years of DevOps related experience
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery, log aggregation and analysis, performance monitoring/tuning, and security tools like: Git, Bitbucket, Graylog & Elasticsearch, Zabbix, Site24x7, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Hands-on knowledge with VMWare, AWS and/or GCP.
- Managing self-hosted Kubernetes clusters, and one of EKS or GKE
- Working knowledge of networking technologies such as switching, routing, firewalls, and load balancing for high-performance highly-available web applications.
- Be part of a growing company: double-digit year-over-year growth.
- This is an excellent opportunity to come in and grow alongside our other top-notch engineers.
- We have an open and nurturing environment, where we learn new things every day and collaboration is required.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disbility or protected veteran status.
- This position will be based in Raleigh, NC. No relocation is offered at this time.
thinQer Benefits & Perks
- 100% paid medical for employees
- 401K with company match, fully-vested upon enrollment
- Medical & dependent care FSA
- Competitive compensation
- Responsible Time Off (PTO) + 10 paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave for both adoptive and birthing parents
- Employee referral bonus program
- First Friday’s catered lunch
- Third Wednesday’s birthday & work anniversary recognition
- Friday afternoon happy hours
- Company-wide volunteer days
- Quarterly company socials
- Annual holiday party
- Posted: November 2020
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Functions: DevOps Engineer
- Industries: Software (SaaS)