thinQ is seeking a smart and ambitious DevOps Engineer to join our awesome team. We’re seeking team players that want to build great products, that are passionate about technology, and that are both methodical and creative when solving problems.
- Headquartered in Raleigh, thinQ fuses the skill, industry experience, and vision that is pioneering the CPaaS industry.
- With double-digit revenue growth, thinQ is one of the Best Places to Work in Triangle Business Journal.
- If you want to help shape the future of this fast-growing business and join one of the area’s best places to work, join us now!
What You’ll Do
- Act in a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) capacity to optimize system uptime, reliability, security, scalability, and resilience.
- Design and deliver reliable infrastructure, tools, and processes congruent with a cross-organization DevOps mindset and culture.
- Script and code automation, infrastructure-as-code components and platform services.
- Participate in continually refining and prioritizing the work necessary to support our DevOps tools and infrastructure.
- Provide system administration and operations support for existing infrastructure and pipelines, while executing on a plan to create tools and automation that enable more of this responsibility to be moved into the engineering teams.
- Introduce and maintain operations tooling that enables engineers to get real-time telemetry on application performance, exception handling and logging, and product usage information.
- Promote the adoption and execution of industry best practices related to continuous integration and delivery, automated deployments, operations, infrastructure, support, and test automation.
- Manage high-availability and growth of our systems, service updates, systems maintenance and validation.
- Participate in 24×7 site reliability rotations, escalation workflows, and production incidents management.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience, plus 5+ years’ experience in the software industry.
- 3+ years of DevOps related experience.
- Bonus points for candidates that have working knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
- Hands-on experience and expertise with continuous integration and delivery, log aggregation and analysis, performance monitoring/tuning, and security.
- Comfortable in writing and reviewing code for automation and tools needed to support a DevOps environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile methodologies and other software development best practices, tools, and development processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Extensive experience administering, troubleshooting, deploying, and configuring Linux systems in a data center and/or public cloud infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies such as switching, routing, firewalls, and load balancing.
- Passionate about automation, configuration management, and infrastructure as code. You are the type of person that will automate the task, if it needs to be repeated.
- Experience in planning, implementation, and support of business application components, including change and release management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be part of a growing company: double-digit year-over-year growth.
- This is an excellent opportunity to come in and grow alongside our other top-notch engineers.
- We have an open and nurturing environment, where we learn new things every day and collaboration is required.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disbility or protected veteran status.
- This position will be based in Raleigh, NC. No relocation is offered at this time.
thinQer Benefits & Perks
- 100% paid medical for employees
- Medical & dependent care FSA
- Competitive compensation
- Responsible Time Off (PTO) + 10 paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave for both adoptive and birthing parents
- Employee referral bonus program
- First Friday’s catered lunch
- Third Wednesday’s birthday & work anniversary recognition
- Friday afternoon happy hours
- Company-wide volunteer days
- Quarterly company socials
- Annual holiday party
- Posted: October 2019
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Functions: DevOps Engineer
- Industries: Software (SaaS)