New. Better. More. The thinQ io platform simplifies inbound-outbound voice and text messaging in the cloud. Combining all of our solutions in one powerful platform, thinQ offers a completely custom, transparent, scalable, and flexible cloud communications. Along with our complete set of APIs, we empower you to strategically make better decisions about inbound and outbound voice plus text messaging (SMS/MMS) and more.
What is thinQ.io?
It’s thinQ’s integrated inbound and outbound voice and SMS/SMS communications platform. When added to our APIs, we deliver a “better way” to power voice and text messaging in the cloud. Our new outbound voice APIs were launched with thinQ io in Q420. Our full suite of APIs now make it possible to add and control your inbound and outbound voice plus text messaging.
What’s New: Email Notifications, Outbound Usage Dashboard, AT&T Text Messaging Surcharges
One of our most-requested features – email alerts – is now live. Under Admin, Profile, click Notifications to set up automatic email alerts for inbound and outbound balances dropping below a set value, track daily international spend, and get an alert if your account is suspended. Coming soon: Past due bills and credit card expirations. Notifications are unique to each user account and only impact receiving emails.
Click the Outbound tab to see a snapshot of outbound voice usage. The new visualization shows your average rate, total spend, calls and minutes, short call percentage, enabled channels, and more. An international usage tracker shows your set international daily limit and how you’re tracking against it. You can reset the tracker anytime, or wait for it to reset at midnight UTC. Note that this information is also accessible via API.
If you’re taking advantage of thinQ’s enterprise-grade text messaging solution, we’ve added a much-requested feature to our MMS API. You now have the ability to send text along with any image when transmitting an MMS message. Visit our API docs to learn more.
On March 1, AT&T rolled out a new commercial long code fee structure. All outgoing SMS to AT&T destination phone numbers sent over our A2P platform incur a .004 surcharge. All outgoing MMS to AT&T destination phone numbers incur a .005 surcharge. This is in addition to the existing 10DLC surcharges that are currently being passed through from carriers such as Verizon Wireless and US Cellular. We pass these fees through to you at no additional markup, details here.
How does the launch of thinQ.io impact lcr.thinq.com?
We will sunset lcr.thinq.com on March 11, 2021. All features and functionality can be accessed inside thinQ.io under the Outbound tab. Login credentials have been migrated from lcr.thinq.com, just sign in to thinQ.io with the same username and password.
As an existing thinQ customer, do I need to make any changes to my tech stack to use the new platform or APIs?
No. We’re not changing our existing APIs or any of your settings, so no updates or changes are necessary in your tech stack to make the move to thinQ io. All outbound voice settings and login(s) have been migrated and mirrored from lcr.thinq.com, and no changes are needed to your setup. Similarly, we’ve migrated your i.thinq.com login and settings for inbound voice, so the only thing you’ll notice is the name and domain change from i.thinq.com to thinq.io.
I have a question.
We’re here to help! Send a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
Can I go in-depth into thinQ io’s new look and features?
Download a copy of our launch webinar slide deck (PDF).
Here’s just a taste of what’s new and better in thinQ io:
New: Workflows for Creating Routing Profiles, Trunks & Route Blocks
- The new workflows take you step by step through each process
- You can view where you are in the process and what step comes next
- You can easily go back a step or completely exit the workflow and move on
- Each workflow provides a confirmation of what you have created and offers different options for next steps
New: Search Carrier Options when setting up a Routing Profile
- Carrier selection is easy with the new, built-in search feature
- Type the name of a carrier or carrier ID if you’re familiar (CLEC, RBOC, Specialty, Regional, Aggregator)
New: Easy Access to your Token
- When viewing your trunks, you can easily access your token and copy it, there’s no need to ‘edit’ it first
New: Access Invoices in One Place
- Your Inbound and Outbound invoices are now located under the Billing section
- Future enhancements will combine your invoices for easier, faster processing, and more
New: Notifications that Make Sense
- Notification options are consolidated to a new Notifications section of your Profile (coming early 2021)
- Additional options to trigger smarter email and in-app notifications are planned
Better: See which Carriers are Blocked for a Specific Route
- From your route blocks list, you can now view how many, and which, carriers are blocked for each destination route
Better: Edit an Existing Route Block
- You can edit an existing route block and change the details, like expiration date or carriers, without having to delete the block and create a new one
Better: Quick Date Range Searching for Call Detail Records (CDRs)
- Our call detail records search defaults to ‘Today’ (midnight to midnight) instead of requiring you to select a date and time manually for every query
- There are other quick choices for ‘Yesterday’, ‘Last 48 hours’, ‘Last 5 days’ and ‘Last 7 days’
- On the results page, you can choose multiple results and create a support ticket with multiple examples
Thank you for your business, and please join us in celebrating thinQ’s 10th birthday, delivering a better way to communicate in the cloud!
New to thinQ, or looking for a cloud communication solution? Get a demo today and let’s find a fit for our solution in yours.