AI: Two Letters that Mean the World for VoIP and Unified Communications
One of the biggest new technological developments is artificial intelligence (AI), a field that means plenty for voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and unified communications (UC). We all know that AI will have impact on markets all over the world, though whether or not it ends Hollywood-style with AI deciding humanity’s fate remains to be seen. AI Makes VoIP Smarter, More Cost Effective The VoIP market is a major beneficiary of AI technology, thanks to several points.
- New Power in Least-Cost Routing (LCR). One of VoIP’s biggest selling points is extremely low costs, especially when compared to regular phone service. thinQ’s Toll Free LCR system helps here. With AIs managing the connection and able to find the lowest-cost routes available at any time, that should give a real boost to cost effectiveness.
- Improved Quality Connection. This goes along with LCR capability; AIs can track network effectiveness and route calling along certain networks to produce the best connection. It’s just solving for quality instead of cost, and can even find where the two intersect to route the connection accordingly.
- Better Use of Available Carriers. thinQ, for example, boasts connections with just over 35 carriers. Trying to manually keep track of all those connections is a lot easier for a dedicated AI than it would be for even a team of humans.
- Improved Call Center Operations. With AIs in the picture, call centers get access to a range of new solutions like skills-based routing, or even mood-based routing, allowing the best agent for a job to handle that job. That means better customer experience and a better chance at return business.
- The Best Chatbots Yet. While chatbots do a decent job with simple conditions, AI would improve these to the point where all but the most complex tasks could be handled by the machine.
- Automatic Conference Translations. Ever envy the Star Trek folks for ease of translation? AI could turn conversational, idiomatic French into its English equivalent in an instant.
The Power of AIthinQ is already hard at work, learning how AI could improve communications technology like VoIP and unified communications, and how to put the best of this to work in its own operations. While AI is still a fairly young technology, it’s improving rapidly, and your connection to AI may be stronger than you think…and sooner, too.